04 February 2007

A kid again...

.
Short posting because I'm totally exhausted... in a GREAT way! I went skiing today for the first time in probably 10 years... and LOVED IT!!! It was so good to feel the wind in my face, and watch my nephews fly down the hill. Even the two year old was ready for more after 7 straight hours of hitting the slopes (with only a brief break for overpriced, overcooked burgers and mini-pizzas)... I took the youngest down the bunny hill with my arms hooked under his, swinging his mini-skis between my own... killer butt workout, but so much fun to hear him say "whee! faster, aunt beth, faster faster!" Oh, the simple joy of experiencing things through the eyes of a child... it's a fabulous affirmation of the joy that's so readily available in the world.

Who knew that strapping myself to two boards and hurtling down a snowy mountainside could be so liberating? I *must* do this again... SOON! It might even make the winter months in New York bearable...

I'll post photos in a bit... Right now I'm still trying to get the circulation back to my ankles...

psst - Sue & Matt, thanks for adopting one more over-aged kid into the family....

No comments: