Packing continued in earnest today, aided by the fact that I could actually SEE progress yesterday (provided that you opened the closet door.) Today was a bit more complicated, since it involved packing up the spring/summer wardrobe - a wardrobe that I happen to also be wearing, and simultaneously using as a basis to pack for my trip to Africa. Plus I needed to keep a few items out of the boxes in order to take to my sister's for post-trip (since after several weeks in the same 3 pairs of pants and 4 shirts, I'll have no desire to have anything further to do with them except perhaps watch them burn in the fire pit.) So the usual three piles turned into ....
- Items that will be put into storage
- Salvation Army donation pile
- Throw away (today, nothing was thrown out! Yay!)
- Things to bring on my trip to Africa
- Stuff to keep at my sister's for when I return
End result: Success! (If you round up, which I do.) A few stragglers remain (a pair of sandals that are ugly, but waterproof, so may have some value while traipsing around Victoria Falls) but overall, a banner kind of day. And another heavily laden trip to the Salvation Army Women's Shelter. Today's stuffed-to-the-point-of-exploding suitcase load included:
- 2 dresses
- 1 sweater
- 8 shirts/blouses/tops
- 3 pants I'm too fat for
- 1 pair jeans I'm too skinny for
- 2 work blazers
- 1 fleece
- 10 purses/bags/totes (!?!!)
- 2 scarves
- 1 hat
- 1 pair of pantyhose (unused, thank you very much)
- 1 pair of dressy 'going out' shoes (they gave me too many blisters)
- The remainder of the bottles from the collection previously mentioned, which came to 76 bottles/tubes/boxes (Yes, I counted them. Anything for procrastination.)
There is a lady at the shelter who sits at the front door - I think she's a resident there. A little lady, with white hair. Yesterday, I said "Hello!" and she didn't respond. Today, I said "Hello!" and she said "Hello" back to me. It made me smile.
Now, dinner and bed. I'm *exhausted*.
Tomorrow's task: Pack up the living room (including taking LARGE amounts of coins to the bank. Perhaps it was a bad idea to donate all of those tote bags today... hmmm.)