21 March 2007

"Get back to basics..."

Well, I *was* going to go online and buy some wedding registry gifts today for some upcoming friend-nuptials. (I have two weddings to attend this spring.) But then I saw this:


So I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do my online shopping... (does a Yahoo horoscope provide an adequate procrastination excuse, or is that just too pathetic? And speaking of tempting fate... I probably shouldn't write a blog today either, right? Wow, do I live on the crazy edge or what...)

In more relevant news, it's the first (or second) day of SPRING today (depending on which newspaper you happen to read)... Walking around the city the other night, I saw the first tulips poking up through the snow... they had hollowed out little circles around themselves in the ice... I would have taken a photo, but I was distracted at the time. But have I mentioned that I love spring in New York? I don't think I can express with adequate emoticon representation how excited I am to soon be shedding my big poofy coat... :-) :-) :-) :-) Joy!!!!
.

No comments: